This accessible, engaging guide contains all the advice you need to get you through your teacher training and the first year of the job. Written by Sara Bubb, new teacher 'agony aunt' for the Times Educational Supplement, it's peppered with illuminating anecdotes and authoritative advice that will prove vital to all new teachers, including sections on:
- choosing and getting on a training course
- what you have to do to get Qualified Teacher Status, including the skills tests
- succeeding on the course - study skills, planning lessons, managing behaviour and being observed
- making the most of induction
- looking after yourself and managing your time.
Updated with all the latest information and advice, the second edition will be an indispensable guide to success in training and induction, and will take new teachers stage-by-stage from training to tackling their first job. It will look in-depth at the job hunting process, applications and interviews, ways to make the most of induction, and methods for managing time.
About the Author:
Sara Bubb has an international reputation in the field of induction and trains a wide range of people throughout the country and at the Institute of Education, University of London, where she is a senior lecturer. She has written books and numerous papers and articles on induction, staff development, workload and performance management. She has been the new teacher expert at the Times Educational Supplement.