About the Book
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 25. Chapters: B kow, Silesian Voivodeship, Ba anowice, Brenna, Poland, Brzezowka, Silesian Voivodeship, B adnice, Chybie, Cisownica, D bowiec, Cieszyn County, Drogomy l, Dzi gielow, Frelichow, Godziszow, Silesian Voivodeship, Goleszow, Gorki Ma e, Silesian Voivodeship, Gorki Wielkie, Gumna, Harbutowice, Silesian Voivodeship, Ha lach, Iskrzyczyn, Istebna, Jaworzynka, Kaczyce, Silesian Voivodeship, Kiczyce, Kisielow, Silesian Voivodeship, Knaj, Ko czyce Ma e, Ko czyce Wielkie, Koniakow, Kostkowice, Cieszyn County, Kowale, Cieszyn County, Kozakowice, Leszna Gorna, Marklowice Gorne, Mi dzy wie, Mnich, Silesian Voivodeship, Ochaby, Ogrodzona, Silesian Voivodeship, Pier ciec, Pogorze, Silesian Voivodeship, Pogwizdow, Silesian Voivodeship, Pruchna, Pu cow, Rudnik, Cieszyn County, Simoradz, Wilamowice, Cieszyn County, Wi lica, Silesian Voivodeship, Zaborze, Cieszyn County, Zab ocie, Silesian Voivodeship, Zamarski, Zarzecze, Cieszyn County, Zbytkow, Zebrzydowice, Silesian Voivodeship, czka, Silesian Voivodeship. Excerpt: D bowiec ( listen) (German: , Czech: ) is a village and the seat of Gmina D bowiec, Cieszyn County in Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland. It has an area of 13.17 square kilometres (5.08 sq mi) and a population of 1,772 (2007). It lies on the geographical border between Silesian Foothills, Ostrava Basin and O wi cim Basin, on the Knajka river, left tributary of the Vistula, in the historical region of Cieszyn Silesia. Along Knajka river there are located many fish ponds. The village was first mentioned in a Latin document of Diocese of Wroc aw called Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis from around 1305 as Dambonczal. It belonged then to the Duchy of Teschen, formed in 1290. Along ethnically Polish citizens an unknown number of German settlers arrived and gave the common village a German name Baumgarten. The local Catholic parish of Saint Margaret was mentioned in 1335. During Protestant Reformation many of the local citizens changed their denomination to Lutheranism and took over the local church. It was returned to Catholics in 1654. In 15 March 1793 the village was bought from Marklowscy noble family by Prince Albert of Saxony, Duke of Teschen. In 1807 the first school in D bowiec was opened, before that the local children attended to school in Simoradz. In the years 1854-1856 new bricked church was built, which replaced old wooden church. Lutherans built a cemetery chapel in 1912. New building of the school was opened in 1908, to celebrate 60 years of the rules of Franz Joseph I of Austria. According to the Austrian census of 1910 the village had 984 inhabitants, 977 of whom had permanent residence there. The census asked people their native language, and results show that 968 (98.4%) were Polish-speaking, 8 (0.8%) were German-speaking and 1 (0.1%) was Czech-speaking. The dominant religious groups were Roman Catholics with 560 (56.9%), followed by Protestants with 417 (42.4%) and the Jews with 7 (0.7%). At the beginnings of the 20th century methane wa