Bookswagon.com website places special focus on maintaining their customers’ privacy. We collect personal data to enhance customer experience and to improve our products and services. Following is information regarding how we use the collected data:
The data which is collected
Data is collected in the following forms:
- Identity data – this includes your name, language, contact information, location, etc.
- Transaction details – this includes payment or card data, orders and returns, purchase history and details, etc.
- Geolocation data – If you interact with us using your phones, this data is collected.
- Commercial Information – If you have subscribed to our newsletter or promotional emailer.
- Preferences – this includes data pertaining to your tastes and preferences.
- Browser information and IP address
When you are asked to fill your details, some fields will be marked compulsory as they are necessary for us to provide the products or services in question. If such data is not provided to us, the user may not be able to fully access or enjoy the required functionalities or services.
What the collected data is used for
Your data will be used by us primarily for managing your registration, processing your purchases of our products and services, responding to your queries and clearing your doubts, and, if the customer wishes, to send them customized communications.
Who the information is shared with
Bookswagon.com handles the personal data collected by the users with immense sensitivity and care. We safeguard all the personal information shared with us and only share it with third party service providers which help us in catering to your needs. Apart from this, your information is only shared when:
- The information is required by a reliable partner. In this case, the partner is obligated to agree to our terms and conditions along with signing of a confidentiality agreement.
- Required by the court of law. We will provide the demanded information asked of us in any legal processes pertaining to us.
The functionality of this website requires the users to provide their contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) as well as their personal information (name, display picture, address, etc.). This collected user data is used solely to provide the users with effective customer service and to effectively market and to sell or deliver the property of sellers to buyers and to otherwise provide professional services to clients and customers. Indiawagon does not sell, transfer, exchange, trade, or disclose your personal information with any outside parties, except when we believe that the law requires it.
Security & Confidentiality
Our systems are designed keeping in mind the security and privacy of the data that is shared with us.
- Encryption protocols and software’s are used while transmitting personal information.
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is followed while handling credit card data.
- We offer additional security features on devices to safeguard against unauthorized access and loss of data.
Choices the customer has
- Customers have the option to opt out of our newsletter and emailing services whenever they desire.
- They have the option to not provide certain information, but this might affect the customer experience.
- They can add or update previously provided information.
- They can adjust advertising preferences to stop seeing interest-based ads.
- They can choose to block or reject cookies and other identifiers on their browser or devices.
We market and encourage the acquisition of our goods and services among adults or with their permission. Websites operated by Bookswagon are not intended for use by those under the age of 18 (referred to as "Minors"). Children's privacy is of the utmost importance, and bookswagon.com is committed to abiding by all privacy laws made in India under Information Technology Act 2000 and Digital Personal Data Protection Act.
Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on our websites. If we find that someone under the age of 18 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Bookswagon websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible. On Bookswagon.com, which does not sell items for purchase by children, any products relating to children must be purchased by adults. We do allow adult content on Bookswagon, including images that may contain nudity or sexual activity. If any book contains such content, we mark it as adult content. All books marked as 'adult' will be placed behind an 'adult content' warning interstitial. There can be books that may contain covers like child abuse materials, but as an unrealistic theme that is majorly used for knowledge purposes rather than encouraging it.
Involvement from the user's parents or guardians is necessary if they are under 18. We may collect personal information such as your name, email address, shipping address, billing information, and contact details when you create an account, place an order, or contact us. We collect payment information when you make a purchase, including credit card details or other payment methods. We may store records of your interactions with us, including emails, chat messages, and customer support inquiries and all these data will not be misinterpreted in future or any kind of illegal act. To stay abreast of market expectations, we frequently need to make changes to our business. The notice will change as a result, and depending on the demands of our policy at the time, the data we gather today may change.
If there are any changes that you would like to make in your current information, then do remove your previous contact details so that you don’t get any updates in your old contacts. You can also reach us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: SR Ecommerce Factory Pvt. Ltd.,
2/14, Ansari Road , Daryaganj Delhi 110002
- Call: 011-41521153, 011-40159253, Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Timing: 9 am to 6 pm