- Web 2.0
- DOM, XML, RSS
- AJAX-Enabled Rich Internet Applications
- JSON, Dojo, Script.aculo.us
- Adobe(R) Flash CS3 and Flex
- Web Servers (IIS and Apache)
- Database (SQL, MySQL, ADO.NET and Java DB)
- PHP, Ruby on Rails
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX
- JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- SOAP-Based Web Services in Java
- REST-Based Web Services in ASP.NET
- And more...
Visit www.deitel.com to:
- Download code examples
- Check out the growing list of programming, Web 2.0, and software-related Resource Centers
- To receive updates on this book, subscribe to the free DEITEL(R) BUZZ ONLINE e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html
- Read archived Issues of the DEITEL BUZZ ONLINE
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on corporate training courses delivered on-site worldwide
Pre-Publication Reviewer Testimonials "This book is easily the most comprehensive resource of its kind I've seen yet."
--Jesse James Garrett, Adaptive Path "A one-stop shop for learning the essentials of web programming."
--Anand Narayanaswamy, ASPAlliance.com "Excellent for learning to develop standards-compliant web applications...takes you from the browser to the server and the database, covering web development across many programming languages."
--Paul Vencill, MITRE, Inc. "Cements the browser as a first-class development platform."
--Johnvey Hwang, Splunk, Inc. "Congratulations on this excellent work. The [Dive Into Web 2.0] chapter is simply astonishing! It's one of the better--if not the best--references on Web 2.0."
--José Antonio González Seco, Parlamento de Andalucia "The CSS chapter is compact, concise, and full of useful info!"
--Raymond Wisman, Indiana University Southeast "A good introduction to the DOM; doesn't trip over cross-browser incompatibilities."
--Eric Lawrence, Microsoft "Exceptionally clear Ajax tutorial; best I've reviewed! Great solutions for the very cool type-ahead and edit-in-place AJAX features. 'Libraries to Help Eliminate Cross-Browser Compatibility Issues' is fantastic. This book and your web sites will be often-visited resources (if not best practices in themselves)."
--John Peterson, Insync and V.I.O. Inc. "Great chapter [on building Flash games]."
--Jennifer Powers, University of Albany "A solid introduction to Adobe Flex with some very cool applications."
--Matt Chotin, Adobe "A solid introduction to the capabilities and flexibilitie
About the Author:
Paul J. Deitel and Dr. Harvey M. Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized programming languages content-creation, corporate-training and Internet business development organization. The Deitels have written many international best-selling programming languages textbooks that millions of people worldwide have used to master C, C++, Java(TM), C#, XML, Visual Basic(R), Perl, Python, and Internet and web programming.