Set Boundaries & Stand Up For Yourself
If you are interested in learning how to be assertive, get what you want, increase your self-esteem, and confidence, then this book, Assertiveness: Set Boundaries, Stand Up for Yourself and Finally Get What You Want is the book you want to read.
Whether you have a passive personality and are struggling to be more assertive, a people-pleaser who has problems with saying no without feeling guilty, or have an aggressive personality where you get what you want, but get it in such a way that you are not well liked, and your manner puts people off, then you need to read this book.
Inside you will find valuable information on the assertive personality, techniques, and tips that are designed to ensure you are armed with all the tools you need to achieve becoming more assertive, getting what you want, setting your boundaries, and increasing your confidence and self-esteem.
You will learn about how, as a child, your environment and how you were treated by your parents, family members, friends, and people in authority may have stunted your ability to speak up. You may have grown up in an environment that made you fearful of having a voice, being either mocked, dismissed, or laughed at.
If you have grappled with the problem of saying "No" without feeling guilty or have never clearly set boundaries for yourself and for others to respect, there are chapters that can help you understand why these personality traits exist, how they begin, and how you can go about changing them.
There is so much more information that is within this book. Here are some of the other highlights to mention:
- What is assertiveness and how to learn to make assertive statements, how to practice body language, the tone of voice, and why making eye contact is important
- How we negative-speak, why this happens, and what steps and techniques can be taken to relieve this type of behavior
- How not being assertive can be damaging to not only our psychological health but to our physical health as well, causing stress, and high blood pressure as examples
- How in learning and practicing our assertive skills, you can help to teach your children how to be assertive, particularly in this day and age of bullying at school and online
- How to set boundaries with family, friends, and in business to have healthy relationships in all areas
- And much more.......