Excel as an Assistant Cameraman (AC) in today's evolving film industry with this updated classic. Learn what to do--and what NOT to do--during production and get the job done right the first time.
The Camera Assistant's Manual, Sixth Edition covers the basics of cinematography and provides you with the multi-skill set needed to maintain and transport a camera, troubleshoot common problems on location, prepare for job interviews, and work with the latest film and video technologies. Illustrations, checklists, and tables accompany each chapter and highlight the daily workflow of an AC.
This new edition has been updated to include:
- A fresh chapter on the entry level camera positions of Camera Trainee/Production Assistant
- Coverage of emerging iPhone apps that are used by filmmakers and ACs on set
- An updated companion website offering online tutorials, clips, and techniques that ACs can easily access while on location (www.cameraassistantmanual.com)
- All new sample reports and forms including AC time cards, resumÃ© templates, a digital camera report, and a non-prep disclaimer
- Instruction and custom forms to help freelance filmmakers keep track of daily expenses for tax purposes
The Camera Assistant's Manual, Sixth Edition is an AC's bible for success and a must-have for anyone looking to prosper in this highly technical and ever-changing profession.