We may get sick and tired of hearing about how we are making ourselves sick and tired, no matter how much we love our friends and family. Even if you've accepted the disease and all the feelings that come with it, one statement or look can transport us back to when we were first diagnosed and dealing with all the well-intentioned advice and skepticism.
This book will help you work through this and more, such as:
- What happens to your spiritual life when you feel alone and misunderstood in your pain?
- How does your attitude affect if you get the understanding you seek or not?
- How should you pray for others to understand and change their attitude about your illness?
- Why do some prayers get answered but with poor results?
- How should you respond when people say hurtful things about your chronic illness?
- What Biblical responsibilities are you exempt from?
- Is it okay to get mad at God about it all and express your true feelings about your illness and the pain others are causing?
- How can your relationship with Christ help all of the above become less important?