Packed with advice, vignettes and case studies, as well as useful tips and checklists for improving teaching, the second edition of Developing Your Teaching is the ideal toolkit to support the development of teaching practice. Providing a blend of ideas, interactive review points and case study examples from university teachers, this accessible handbook for professional practice provides ideas on a range of topics including:
- learning from student feedback and peer review
- students as consumers and their expectations
- building effective partnerships with students and colleagues
- developing a teaching portfolio
- choosing effective teaching practices
- the challenges and benefits of securing an initial teacher qualification
A must-read for all those new to teaching in higher education, as well as more experienced lecturers looking to refresh and advance the quality of their teaching, this fully updated new edition is the ideal toolkit to support the development of teaching practice.
About the Author:
Peter Kahn is the Director of the Centre for Higher Education Studies at the University of Liverpool, UK.
Lorraine Anderson is an Assistant Director of Student Services and Head of the Academic Skills Centre at the University of Dundee, UK.