Judith Barrett and Norma Wasserman have written a beautiful book on risotto. [It] . . . is not just a recipe book but a piece of man's history.
--Arrigo Cipriani Delectable.
--Booklist For the rice lover . . . this well-crafted book is a unique source.
--Chicago Tribune Risotto is the hottest development in Italian cooking since pasta, and Risotto is the definitive book on this classic rice dish from Northern Italy. Risotto contains more than120 authentic risotto recipes, many of which can be made in thirty minutes or less witha minimum of preparation. Here is just a sampling of the many delicious risotto variations you'll find:
* Scallops, Shrimp, and Mushrooms
* Lamb with Egg and Lemon Sauce
* Turkey, Red Peppers, and Tomatoes
* Prosciutto, Chicory, and Fontina
* Monkfish in Tomato Basil Cream
* Chicken with Olives
* Mussels in White Wine
* Sausage, Artichoke, and Peas
* Fresh Tuna and Curry
* Veal in White Cream Sauce In addition to these mouthwatering recipes, Risotto also contains informative chapters on risotto ingredients and preparation methods. For the rice and risotto lover, Risotto is an incomparable kitchen companion.
About the Author: Judith Barrett is a food writer and author of five cookbooks, including Fagioli and Saved by Soup. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Norma Wasserman is a founder and co-owner of Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge. She also provided this book's illustrations. She lives in London.