SAP R/3 for Everyone is the nontechnical user's guide to working with SAP R/3, the leading business enterprise software product in the world. Written and road-tested by experienced SAP R/3 users and trainers, this book saves typical SAP R/3 users time and trouble by providing them with the universal skills needed to work with any module of this complex software.
SAP R/3 can be used effectively by anyone who can perform a handful of simple procedures that are employed in nearly every SAP R/3 transaction. The authors explain these procedures in plain English, using illustrations and real-world examples.
After a brief explanation of the architecture and operation of SAP R/3, readers get step-by-step instruction in
- Logging on and off, managing passwords, and customizing the SAP application window and screens
- Navigating between screens with menu folders, transaction codes, and the menu bar
- Setting up customized favorites folders with quick links to the initial screens of transactions and other useful resources
- Understanding the four basic transaction types
- Working on initial screens, including tips and techniques for entering codes, searching for codes, customizing initial screens, and using multiple selection screens and selection options
- Customizing output reports with filters, sorts, sums, and display variants
- Exporting output reports to Microsoft Excel and Word and e-mailing output reports to other SAP users
Practical and jargon-free, SAP R/3 for Everyone provides readers with the skills and confidence they need to efficiently conduct any business activity with SAP R/3.
About the Author:
Jim Mazzullo is a consulting scientific and technical trainer, curriculum developer, and writer. Previously he worked as a training coordinator for a large electric utility company in the Pacific Northwest for which he developed, coordinated, and delivered training in SAP and other system and desktop applications. Jim began his career as a research professor and instructor of geology at Texas A&M University. You can learn more about him at www.JimMazzullo.com.
Peter Wheatley oversees SAP implementations as a customer engagement manager in the Southwest region of SAP America. In the last seven years, he has been employed by SAP America as a consultant, technical consultant manager, and technical solutions architect. He has also worked at IBM as a developer and at Compaq as an SAP developer and production planning analyst.