About the Book
The classic guide to copywriting, now in an entirely updated fourth edition This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, multichannel marketers, creative directors, freelance writers, marketing managers . . . even small business owners and information marketers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write both print and online ads, emails, and websites that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention--and sell more products. Among the tips revealed: * 8 headlines that work--and how to use them
* The 5-step "Motivating Sequence" for generating more sales and profits
* 10 tips for boosting landing page conversion rates
* 15 techniques to ensure your emails get high open and click-through rates
* How to create powerful "lead magnets" that double response rates
* The "4 S" formula for making your copy clear, concise, and compelling This thoroughly revised fourth edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the digital age, including advice on content marketing, online videos, and high-conversion landing pages, as well as entirely updated resources. Now more indispensable than ever, Robert W. Bly's The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
About the Author: Robert W. Bly
is a freelance copywriter specializing in business-to-business, digital, and direct marketing. He is the author of 100 books, including The Copywriter's Handbook
, Secrets of a Freelance Writer
, and Selling Your Services
, and has appeared on CNBC and CBS's Hard Copy
. He lives in Montville, NJ.